Did you know that more than two million people have aphasia in the United States? Even though a large number have the disorder, many people don’t even know about it. This June we’re hoping to change that with our Faces of Aphasia campaign -- which kicks off today.
As part of Aphasia Awareness month, Lingraphica is partnering with aphasia centers and stroke support groups to provide a way for individuals with aphasia to share their stories through the Faces of Aphasia campaign. Through this effort, anyone touched by aphasia can share their story. From the caregivers who provide love and care to the speech-language pathologists who treat adults with aphasia, this campaign will highlight these faces and their stories. It will be carried out on www.facesofaphasia.com and social media channels.
It’s easy to get involved! Just follow the five steps below to participate in this awareness campaign.
- Go to www.facesofaphasia.com
- Click “submit your story.” Type in the name of someone touched by aphasia and write their story. This could include a loved one, a speech-language pathologist, or a caregiver.
- Don’t forget to upload a picture and ask for their consent.
- Share your story on social media using the hashtag #facesofaphasia.
- Download your “Faces of Aphasia” graphic and share on social media.
Once you have posted your story be sure to share it on social media. Also, check our Facebook page for more information and statistics about aphasia.
Thank you for supporting Aphasia Awareness month. We hope to see your face on Faces of Aphasia.
Learn even MORE about aphasia in our FREE eBook! Download it today!